RESTAURANT KITCHEN COOKS
MSE Branded Foods - University of Nebraska
We are offering top notch pay for first class, talented individuals to come and join our unique food service environment. An exciting career with MSE Branded Foods located within the multicultural hub of the hospitality industry is more than just a job; it’s a stepping-stone to a successful future within the restaurant and retail industry. We are specifically seeking skilled Line Cooks to prepare food at our Chick-fil-A location at the University of Nebraska.
Our Team Members are valued persons whose individual contributions are integral to our overall success. Our work environment is upbeat, positive and exciting each day. New members will work closely with supervisors and managers who will invest their time and energy into helping you develop and expand your job and people skills; and pave the way for advancement opportunities. MSE Branded Foods offers competitive bonus and incentive opportunities to our employees as well as very competitive pay.
Kitchen Cook and Back of House Team Members are responsible for preparing food for utilization and preparing all food orders in a timely manner according to the company recipes, serving portions and guest special requests. BOH members will communicate with each other and with front of house service team to fulfill guest food orders and ensure the food meets the guest’s expectations. Part-time and full-time positions available.
• Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude while contributing to a team-work based environment
• Be customer service oriented and detail oriented
• Demonstrate ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions
• Adhere to the company dress and appearance policy
• Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
• Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of all served food items
• Guide guests through food, beverage and promotional items.
• Present an accurate guest check, accept payment and quickly complete the transaction.
• Helps with food preparation and cooking
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and organization of the work area beginning, during and the end of each shift
• Utilize the Kitchen Display System (KDS) or kitchen tickets effectively in order to maintain the flow of service, control cost/waste, and build sales.
• Accurately input order into the POS, responsible for receiving accurate payment and balancing cash.
• Follow standard hygiene and clothing protocol to maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
Upbeat, positive person with the willingness to learn new skills.