Driver Job Description
You are Peoples Flowers!
You are the Team Member most likely to see and interact with our Current and Future Customers.
Your mission is to provide professional customer service and exceptional craftsmanship while maintaining superior quality and value, guaranteed.
You will do this by:
- Greeting the recipient when making deliveries
- Being courteous and respectful to all recipients
- Check the condition of every delivery by ensuring that the flowers are fresh and there is no breakage
- It is your responsibility to deliver what the order calls for. Check each delivery to be sure you are delivering what the order says. Ex: Count Roses, Does it have a balloon or candy etc.
- Get a signature on all delivers
- Your appearance reflects on Peoples Flowers. We expect you to arrive at work neatly groomed and in your clean Peoples Flowers uniform.
- Ensure you always tag door and follow left notice procedure for non-delivery
- You must know and use non-delivery codes on computer
- You must communicate to base or store, non-delivery and problems
- Be courteous and helpful to sales staff
- Obey all traffic laws. Be friendly on the road.
- Keep truck clean and orderly inside and outside.
- Notify dispatcher of vehicle maintenance schedule in advance and other vehicle problems
- Route and close trips properly, log your miles daily for each route.
- Delivery system sorts by zip codes, know your area, help others if not busy
- Make every effort to complete a delivery in a timely manner
- Ensure you read all special instructions on trip sheets
- Meet all requirements listed on orders
- Put left notices in proper box
- Check in with the dispatcher when running late or finished with route
- Prioritize business deliveries to be taken before the recipient leaves work, even if not noted on the order
- On time deliveries – Note the time all deliveries are made on your route sheet
Any other office related duties required by management.
Posting ID: 60849445Posted: 2021-01-07