A Technician Trainee will be trained and educated on the importance of being a vehicle glass technician who will graduate our training program with first level fundamentals to complete unsupervised glass repair and replacement. You will champion the Safelite Spirit with your can-do attitude, caring heart, and service mindset while striving to bring unexpected happiness to your customers by completing jobs with only the highest quality standard in mind.Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
- Learn to replace vehicle glass through classroom work and/or practical application by Quality Manager(s) or a certified technician mentor(s) utilizing the Safelite Way of Fitting process.
- Learn to recalibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems utilizing Safelite tools and processes
- Expected to sign an Installation Compliance Agreement (ICA) and pass our SafeTech certification before graduating and becoming a Technician.
- Trained on delivering unparalleled customer delight through customer service modules and role play scenarios.
- Educated on work order and customer administration through Safelite's handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Safely operate a variety of vehicle glass tools including our True Seal, Ezi-Wire , and Glass Table System (GTS).
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Safelite Way of Fitting process.
- Assist other members of your team as required.
- Undertake any other duties given to you by Safelite Management.
What you'll get:
- Competitive hourly pay -- paid weekly.
- Performance-based incentives and bonuses.
- Paid training, vans, smart phone, tools, and uniforms.
- 401k with company matching.
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 annually).
- Competitive medical insurance.
- Paid time off for R&R and volunteering opportunities in your own community.
- Being part of a national organization with career growth potential.
- Working with a purpose. This role makes a difference every day!
- Celebrated as one of our valued technicians.
- Follow Safelite policies and procedures on every job
- Achieve a near perfect attendance during the training period
- Focus in a classroom environment for extended periods of time
- Fulfill all physical requirement of the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. for short periods multiple times a day
- Maintain adequate range of motion in upper extremities (shoulder, arm, elbow)
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Remain on your feet for extended periods of time
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving record that falls within the Company requirements
- Follow Safelite's policy on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, uniform, approved footwear, arm sleeves and nitrile gloves while working in the course and scope of your employment with Safelite
- Safely handle sharp tools and razor blades while working with and around hazardous chemicals
- Ability to remain flexible with hours and days trained/worked as workload fluctuates due to frequent changes in customer and business demands.
- Read our training manual, study, and pass a multiple-choice certification exam as well as complete all training assigned within the allotted timeframe
- Work in extreme temperatures
- Maintain a professional appearance, as well as maintenance and cleanliness requirements on Company vehicles
- Work and collaborate effectively within your team and leadership
- Exhibit self-motivation with organizational and time-management abilities
- Comply with hiring requirements and drug screens per company policy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Let's further explore to make sure this is the right job for you. Grab some popcorn, take 7 minutes to learn more, enjoy the video, and we'll see you soon.
Posting ID: 602450806Posted: 2021-01-28