HARDWARE SALES ASSOCIATE-- first and foremost will work as a team to serve customers in finding and choosing products that fill a need or solve a problem. He/she will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness. This position REQUIRES a minimal knowledge of hardware, electrical, plumbing or paint.
• Provide a positive representation of Simpson Hardware and Sports.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the department.
• Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Communicate any Store Support Center issue to store manager for follow up.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to store manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School or GED equivalent.
Specialized hardware, electrical, plumbing or paint training is a plus
Formal retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25 lbs) and climbing.
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation
About Simpson Hardware and Sports
Over 65 years in business, Simpson's is a family-owned, third-generation company with four stores. We currently have varying and new products in fishing, sporting goods, gifts, footwear, paint, and much more.
Posting ID: 551885910Posted: 2020-05-29