Regardless of the reason you were sent home early, please submit accurate hours reflecting the time you worked.
Whether or not you’re paid for the original shift length depends on the reason for early dismissal.
- You’ll be paid for the FULL original shift length if a manager sent you home early based on factors unrelated to your conduct and/or performance, such as the following:
- Job completed early
- The business is sufficiently staffed
- Business is slower than anticipated
- A manager made a shift request by mistake
- You will be paid ONLY for the hours you worked if you were dismissed early due to:
- Improper conduct
- Being unable to perform the job duties communicated in the shift description
Please read this article to learn about a situation in which you left a shift early out of your personal choice.