Old Dominion Insulation is currently looking for an Estimator to work in our new Northern Virginia Branch located in Leesburg, VA.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable with numbers, analytical, have great attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Founded in 1981, Old Dominion Insulation, Inc. (ODI), is one of the leading contractors for Commercial, Industrial, and Refrigeration Insulation in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast with offices in Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Along with insulation, ODI also provides fire stopping, demolition/abatement and core drilling/saw-cutting services through affiliated companies in select markets. ODI ensures quality work that is performed safely, on time, and with customer satisfaction at the top of the list. Please visit our website at www.odins.com for more information.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients.
- Use take-off software to generate project take-offs.
- Manage all potential change orders
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage bid list due dates.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees.
Experience and Qualifications Preferred:
- 1-2+ years’ experience in construction estimating
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Engineering or related field
- Able to interpret construction documents and develop cost estimates
- Thorough understanding of construction processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of products
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills