Are you the Fleet Technician we're looking for?
If you're a highly skilled mechanic with a strong sense of personal responsibility, a dedication to excellence, and a truly positive attitude who's looking to make a difference in your community, you might be.
We're Proud to Offer You:
- $21.90 - $27.30 Top Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days,
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As a First Vehicle Services Mechanic, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall and adjust vehicle components:
- Engine emission components (State certification) • Driveline components • Electrical/ electronic components • Brakes/ suspension/ steering/ exhaust • Cab/ chassis • Hydraulics
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts rooms
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
You'll Need to Have:
- 3+ years of hand-on automotive experience
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment.
- Previous gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Valid driver's license
- CDL License is highly preferred
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to obtain while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) - a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we've provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Posting ID: 587822751Posted: 2020-11-25