Seasonal Assistant Manager
This position supports the Store Manager in the overall operation of the Store by maximizing the sales potential, developing the Sales Associates and controlling both expenses and shrink.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Store Manager in achieving store sales plan and profit.
- Provide leadership and support to the Sales Associates in order to ensure that all aspects of Guest service are being provided.
- Effectively merchandise, sign and price the store in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Demonstrate and ensure that all Sales Associates understand product knowledge provided by the Home Office and are able to demonstrate this understanding with our Guests.
- Seeks ways to satisfy a Guest’s complaint by providing solutions that will encourage them to continue to shop with us.
- Assist with merchandising, stocking, reducing damages, processing defectives and price changes.
- Open and close the store and protect all Company assets including: key control of the store, the Manager’s office and back bank.
- Supervise and monitor daily performance and assigned duties of the Sales Associates.
- Review cash handling procedures with cashiers; assist in balancing the cash drawers and signing off on deposits slips when Store Manager is not present.
- Assist Store Manager in completing all administrative paperwork
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have at minimum a High School Degree and be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to understand Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to operate Point-Of-Sale register system.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively manage people through open and consistent communication.
- Ability to effectively present information to our Guests, Associates and Vendors one-on-one and in large/small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and problem resolution in order to improve the overall business and Guest experience.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with people effectively.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be positive, courteous, energetic, and enthusiastic in all aspects of Guest and Associate interaction.
- Must be on-time and ready to work each scheduled shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which are deemed necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by Associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job.