Donovan’s captain is the guest’s liaison, and as the central figure to the team, it is important the captain stays on the floor and in the station as much as possible. Donovan’s goal is 90% of the time. There should always be one member of the team attending to the station and guest’s needs. The captain is responsible for greeting guests, telling them our specials and recommending wine and or cocktails. Furthermore, the captain is also responsible for creating the stations rhythm and knowing the status of the station (all tables) at all times. The captain is the manager and leader of the team station and is held ultimately responsible for any service related issues.
- Polishable dress shoes- black with slip resistant soles
- Black Socks
- Black Slacks
- Black Belt
- Blue button up dress shirt (issued)
- Red Tie (issued)
- Pin-stripe apron (issued)
- Wine key
- Nice Pens (blue or Black)
- Crumber (issued)
Primary Responsibilities of the Captain
- Ensure station is properly set and polished.
- Ensure the team is complete and on time, in proper uniform, and team well groomed.
- Team members have all the necessary tools required to fulfill job efficiently and effectively.
- Checks in with front desk when team is complete.
- Serve Donovan’s Water upon greeting the table.
- Communicate with team and other captain’s, PRE & POST SHIFT is REQUIRED. Go over specials, 86’d items, call parties, EO’s, and overall strategy for the evening.
- Read the table, anticipate guest’s needs. Adjust pace of service accordingly.
- Build rapport with guests – build call parties!
- Discuss and suggest wine and cocktail selections.
- Knowledgeable of every aspect of Donovan’s Prime Seafood
- Helping out your team in all aspects as well as your co-workers.
- Ultimately responsible for providing guests with World Class Service.
CAPTAINS ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM RUNNING FOOD, POURING WATER, OR CLEARING AND RE SETTING TABLES!
Posting ID: 10346377Posted: 2020-02-19