SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages the operations of assigned restaurant; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards.
Reports directly to Regional Manager
Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel as well as all home office departments.
External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and schools.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Directly supervises all unit management, INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES non-exempt employees during the entire 24 hours of restaurant operation; directly accountable for all administration and operations, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes unit's manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees, including management.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield application.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled regional meetings; makes presentations as requested.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Using telephone
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
What level of education is required to perform the job?
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
What kind of experience is required to perform the job?
Two years previous managerial experience; preferably in the food services industry.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 11583441Posted: 2020-02-19