Meat Heads and Greasers are responsible for ensuring the orderly and accurate preparation of quality meals to customers' satisfaction and compliance with Health Department regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook fried items as needed (Greasers)
- Cook grilled items as needed (Meat Heads)
- Assumes responsibility for quality of products prepared and served
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, counters and floors.
- Maintains the kitchen to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Performs food prep and product portioning as needed.
- Opens and closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in opening and closing.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by Burgermeister or the owner.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the fry area and its stations to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
- Monitors stocks of ingredients and food items and assists with the preparation of inventory supply orders.
- Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of his/her station and the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves, removing trash, etc.
- Stores and rotates all products properly (follows FIFO).
- Properly maintains and uses all equipment per manufacturer's and company specifications.
- Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the store.
- May supervise and oversee other areas/stations and personnel depending upon management staffing needs.
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by upper management or the owner.
- High school diploma preferred
- Willingness to be a team player and hard worker.
- Must be friendly and outgoing.
- Restaurant experience a plus but not required.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers and other employees.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand recipes, menus, food orders, packing slips, etc.
- Able to hear and speak effectively.
- Able to sense degrees of temperature.
Posting ID: 17564036Posted: 2020-02-17