The Prep Person is primarily responsible for preparing food items to be used in the cooking of hamburgers, vegie burgers, hotdogs, French fries, onion rings, sauces, custard and related dishes and desserts. The Prep Person is also responsible for receiving inventory and verifying the orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mixes and prepares a variety of food items to include sauces, vegie burgers, spices etc., using standard restaurant equipment ensuring quality and efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Portions all meat.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of products prepared and served.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the prep room and its stations to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
- Monitors stocks of ingredients and food items and assists with the preparation of inventory supply orders.
- Receives delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
- Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of his/her station and the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves, removing trash, etc.
- Stores and rotates all products properly (follows FIFO).
- Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Properly maintains and uses all equipment per manufacturer's and company specifications.
- Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the store.
- May supervise and oversee other areas/stations and personnel depending upon management staffing needs.
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by upper management or the owner.
- High school diploma preferred
- Willingness to be a team player and hard worker.
- Must be friendly and outgoing.
- Restaurant experience a plus but not required.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers and other employees.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand recipes, menus, food orders, packing slips, etc.
- Able to hear and speak effectively.
- Able to sense degrees of temperature.
Posting ID: 17564037Posted: 2021-03-06