Krispy Kreme has been making great doughnuts—millions of them—for more than 70 years. But it’s not just our Original Glazed® doughnuts that have made us one of America’s most beloved brands. It’s also our people.
You can be a part of this amazing experience by joining the hottest team in the industry.
Looking for a Full Time or Part Time Opportunity?
Some of the Great Things We Offer Our Employees
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Health Insurance
• And YES!! FREE DOUGHNUTS while working and discounted dozens to take home to share!
Doughnut Bakers are responsible for preparing all doughnuts to a level that meets Krispy Kreme standards and in turn, satisfying the customer. This includes preparing the dough, the yeast brew, the glaze, and the fillings. Additionally, product specialists monitor all products and attempt to correct any problems that occur during the production process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing a finished product that meets Krispy Kreme standards
- Preparing all ingredients necessary for doughnut production - brew, dough, glaze, fillings and icings - using the correct formula
- Completing a proper production schedule on a regular basis, always seeking to minimize waste
- Maintaining a correct dough schedule to ensure product freshness
- Storing doughnuts properly
- Keeping records of proper times and temperatures for all products prepared
- Accurately weighing ingredients, measuring liquids, and mixing and frying doughnuts
- Monitoring proofer, fryer, and other equipment to guarantee all settings are correct
- Equipment Operation
- Operating doughnut-making equipment and adhering to the company product standards identified in the Product Specialist Employee Training Manual
- Operating processing equipment and adhering to the company product standards identified in the Processing Specialist Employee Training Manual
- Utilizing basic trouble-shooting and problem-solving steps
- Practicing preventative maintenance and fixing any problems that arise
- Safety and Sanitation
- Maintaining a clean, neat uniform at all times
- Complying with all safety and sanitation standards
- Practicing “clean as you go” techniques to maintain a clean work area
- Assisting retail operations as needed, following the guidelines identified in the Sales Specialist Employee Training Manual
- Promoting teamwork among fellow employees
- Maintaining a sincere, courteous demeanor with employees and especially customers
- Working with management and key staff to improve performance and implement new initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and Experience
- Basic literacy and math skills
- Ability to identify numbers
- Ability to read clocks and tell time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to reach equipment
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Nonessential skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous Job Stability preferred
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting Walking
- Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Packing doughnut boxes
- Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently or up to 25 pounds constantly
- Pulling a cart that may hold up to 50 pounds
- Using cleaning materials and equipment
- Ability to reach the counter
- Must be able to grasp products without crushing
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to read product boxes, labels and measuring devices
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Un air-conditioned production areas may reach temperatures of 100 degrees for more that one hour
Worker is subject to noise in the production/ processing area to the extent that they may have to shout to be heard.
Posting ID: 19364775Posted: 2020-02-19