We have an immediate opening for a Cake Decorators.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Dairy Queen offers exciting, fun opportunities for energetic, hard working, smiling people.
Now Hiring CAKE DECORATORS!
Cake Decorators assemble and prepare soft serve and Blizzard® cakes (ready to decorate cakes may also be used), including decorating with icing, gel, drawings, decorating kits, air brush, edible images and letterings. Cake Decorators are also responsible for ensuring all cake products meet the Dairy Queen® standards of quality and excellence. This position may also be required to meet requirements of all other non-management staff positions.
- Prepare and decorate cake products according to customer specifications and all applicable standards and procedures.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain cake and soft serve equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of decorated cakes at all times, including back-up cakes during holidays, national promotions and other peak cake occasions.
- Keep display freezer full at all times to the proper level with a variety of cakes attractively displayed.
- Conducts sampling and actively sells products
- Take and fill customer cake orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items.
- Stock and execute proper rotation of products.
- Keep cake production area and equipment clean and sanitary throughout shift using the PRIDE cake area checklist.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Inform immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff.
Do not miss out on a great opportunity!
Qualified candidates must:
- Exhibit exceptional decorating skills including gel, icing, air brush, decorating kits, edible images, floral designs, and licensed character designs through examples such as a portfolio.
- Be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Possess coordination skills to follow instructions and duplicate drawings and letters from projected images.
- Be able to recall and communicate cake products and contents.
- Practice established food-handling procedures to meet any local health regulations.
- Have excellent customer service skills, exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.
- A Cake Decorator’s certification is strongly preferred.
Posting ID: 3002440Posted: 2020-04-05