Sushi chefs are responsible for preparing fresh sushi. They must take every step to confirm that the products they produce are as fresh as possible in a safe and sanitary environment. They are expected to interact with guests to enhance their dining experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Filleting fish, and preparing sushi to fill sushi case and customer orders
- Responsible for production, ordering and receiving of all sushi.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Responsible for sushi station, safety, hygiene and sanitation.
- Responsible for creating new dishes, assisting with menu creation.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to take direction and provide direction when necessary.
- Ability to interact positively with the public.
- Knowledgeable in Asian and/or Japanese cuisine.
- Experienced with traditional sushi preparation and various forms (rolls, temaki, nigiri, sashimi, futomaki, etc), including choice of ingredients, design, and presentation.
- Expert knife skills.
- Innovative presentation of dishes.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work other kitchen stations in the absence of a line cook or station chef.
- Knowledgeable in health department standards, HACCP and weights and measures requirements;
Posting ID: 31191774Posted: 2020-02-19