Today, Luby's operates 96 restaurants in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, the Rio Grande Valley, and other locations throughout Texas, and Arkansas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Luby's employees work hard every day to provide our guests with delicious home-style food, value pricing, and outstanding customer service.
Are you looking for a full-time or part-time job that will allow you to work in a friendly, fast paced environment? Do you enjoy working with people? Are you interested in learning more about working in a restaurant? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Luby’s provides flexible schedules and opportunities for advancement within its hourly positions, including the possibility of moving up into management positions! We are currently hiring in your area for Drivers.
Under general supervision, the Driver is primarily responsible for the delivery of all food orders in accordance with all Luby’s standards, policies and procedures. May be expected to deliver food for catering.
- Assists management team with the coordination and packaging of food delivery orders. Ensures all items are ready for delivery.
- Delivers food and beverages as required at all designated locations.
- Knowledgeable of all menu items and price offerings.
- Provides outstanding service excellence to customers. Handles customer complaints and determines solutions to problems.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Submits mileage reimbursement paperwork to A/P in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as required.
- Maintains organization throughout the shift in work area.
- Stores all items in their designated labeled areas and eliminates clutter.
- Assists other team members when necessary.
- Assists management in anyway conducive to the efficient operation of the cafeteria.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
- Follows standardized cleaning procedures and practices the “clean-as-you-go” philosophy.
- Responsible for following all food safety and sanitation standards throughout the shift.
- Follows departmental closing procedures.
- Performs daily cleaning assignment(s).
- Effectively communicates product, equipment, or operational issues to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing schedule and checking out with management before leaving.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be an experienced driver and not newly licensed
- Must possess and maintain a safe driving record, have a current, valid driver’s license (must be carried while driving vehicle) for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties
- Driver must provide proof of personal auto liability coverage
- Personal vehicle(s) must be properly registered, have a valid inspection sticker and be in safe working condition
- Must pass a driving background check (MVR)
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to function under limited supervision and in fast-paced environments
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must practice good personal hygiene and be neatly groomed
- Must be able to speak, understand, and read the English language
In addition to submitting your Snagajob.com application online, we invite you to come in and visit your local Luby’s today!
This location may or may not be hiring at this time. However, we continuously accept applications to ensure that we are able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes available. All applications we receive remain active for 6 months, to be considered for all potential opportunities that may arise. Please click the “Apply Now” button to continue the application process.
Posting ID: 31402805Posted: 2020-02-19