CALM and COOL KITCHEN
Melting Pot kitchen crew perform a variety of food preparation duties. T
Team members are required to follow set recipes, procedures and cleanliness standards.
As part of the culinary staff crew members need to follow prep sheet, proactively rotate prepared product, organize prepared, follow food safety rules at all times and work to insure Melting Pot is serving the finest, freshest fare possible.
OPENING PREP - At the Melting Pot we cut a lot of fresh vegetables, proteins and breads into bite size pieces for our guest to enjoy in the fondue style of cooking. The opener is doing knife work as well as preparing sauces putting away orders, rotating product, portioning product and later assembling the prepped product into great presentations. Typically this one of our must experienced team members.
SALAD STATION - Prepare station, ingredients, dressing according to par list. Prepare fresh salads to order.
ENTREE STATION - Our guests do the cooking at the Melting Pot so the entree line assembles uncooked proteins into artful presentations. Food safety is a critical part of this position.
DESSERT (Chocolate Fondue Station) - Prepare measure and serve chocolate fondue recipes. Assemble and serve plates of decadent dippers with the chocolate.
EXPO POSITIONS - Entree and Cheese Fondue. This important position is the last set of eye on two of the courses. This team member insure that the product is fresh and the order is accurate so that it can be served efficiently.
ALL POSITIONS CROSS TRAIN - THE MORE POSITIONS YOU CAN DO THE MORE WE CAN PAY!
• Clean work areas and clean them for food preparation activities
• Follow set recipes and directions to prepare food properly
• Ensure that all raw food items are of good quality and are fresh
• Make sure that cooking equipment is sanitized ready prior to cooking activities
• Operate kitchen utensils and equipment such as weighing scales and mixing machines
• Receive food product supplies and make sure that they are stored properly
• Make sure that fresh and the few frozen food products are rotated appropriately
• Wrap, label and date prepared food items Document waste.
• Perform straining, slicing, assembling and kneading tasks
• Handle food products inventory and handle supply management
• Retrieve food items from storage areas in order to prepare them for cooking
• Prepare food stations by insuring that all specified items are available
• Ensure that there is minimal spillage and breakage during food preparation procedures
• Handle kitchen services such as providing chefs with required products
• Make sure that all kitchen services are handled by following the best safety practices
• Make sure that food items are placed on warmers or refrigerated properly
• Ensure kitchen area is kept clean by removing trash and cleaning trash containers
Ability to continuously stand or walk.
Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Stay abreast of established safety practices and hazardous materials awareness.
Maintain acceptable appearance and conduct standards.
? Ability to continuously stand or walk.
? Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
? Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
? Stay abreast of established safety practices and hazardous materials awareness.
? Maintain acceptable appearance and conduct standards.
Posting ID: 42020346Posted: 2021-01-15