• Clean all club facilities
• Dusts rooms and furniture
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms
• Vacuums carpets and mops floors
• Sweeps patio area and dusts patio furniture
• Empties all wastebaskets and ashtrays
• Disinfects telephones
• Buffs floors
• Cleans and polishes brass
• Washes inside and outside of windows
• Shampoos carpets
• Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance.
• Responds to service requests, coordinates resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of club events.
• Performs various maintenance and custodial duties such as installation and repair to fixtures in restrooms, clubhouse and golf facilities.
• Troubleshoots and repairs minor plumbing and electrical problems; replaces a variety of light bulbs and lighting accessories.
• Assists with, and performs painting maintenance.
• Identifies stains and uses proper chemicals for removal.
• Maintains inventory and submits written requests for supplies; tests and evaluates new supplies and equipment.
• Operates power equipment such as lifts, pressure washer, hand and power tools and cluc vehicles.
• Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities.
• May serve as a lead worker in the absence of the supervisor.
• Perform other duties as appropriate
• High school preferred.
• 1 year applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
Must have the ability to:
• Read and write (English)
• Communicate verbally with staff members with or without the use of two-way radios.
• Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
• Visually inspect all work areas
• Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
• Perform mathematical calculations
• Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
• Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
• Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly