SummaryWhy Work Here
Inside and out, you'll find what you're looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, Maine Medical Center has the depth and scope of services and opportunities that can challenge the new graduate or the experienced professional. We are committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals. We are proud to be part of the MaineHealth family, Maine's largest integrated health system of leading high-quality providers and other healthcare organizations.
- Position Summary
- The Endo Tech works with considerable independence and self direction to ensure all necessary elements are in place for each endoscopic procedure. During orientation/training and development as an Endo Tech and in collaboration with the Endoscopic Tech staff, perform responsibilities necessary to assist physicians/nurses, and stock, clean, maintain equipment supplies necessary to deliver endoscopic care in a variety of hospital based locations. Endo Tech certification is a goal of this position.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school education preferredplus demonstrated proficiency/meeting all requirements for Endo Tech.
- Previous Endoscopy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology/GI anatomy-physiology and clinical application of instrumentation and equipment.
- Manual dexterity necessary to grasp and handle a variety of small, delicate instruments and sound eye-hand coordination in order to adjust and assemble instruments and equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment, responding to multiple emerging situations on any given shift.
- Ability to handle problems in a courteous and tactful manner. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Work efficiently with other diverse work groups and departments.
- Basic computer knowledge helpful.
- Physical abilities necessary to walk and stand almost constantly and to frequently lift and carry supplies weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program, Paid Parental Leave, and discounted home and auto insurance. You'll also enjoy the employee discounts you'll receive with our 'Perks Card' and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.