| Estimated Pay
|$36 per hour
| 1120 C ST SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
If you are highly motivated, dedicated and results driven person who is passionate about leading and building a team and is looking to join a Company that is committed to creating a great place to work, this job is for you! As a District Manager you will be entrusted to guide a team of Store Managers in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience, operational excellence, and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values, making EG America the clear choice for our guest’s every day needs. In this role you will direct and oversee all area store personnel to achieve Region, Division and Company net profit performance objectives.
- Oversee strategic plan for area to include appropriate staffing levels, development and performance management of all team personnel.
- Oversee team engagement and productivity over wide network of locations, fostering a working environment that supports team member retention and growth.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes to include: building and maintaining trust with the store teams by setting clear and measurable goals, holding self and others accountable, and communicating frequently and effectively.
- Build and develop a strong leadership team by: hiring or promoting store management candidates to prepare for future staffing needs, and ensuring that your current teams are receiving appropriate training, coaching, and feedback, leading by example.
- Analysis of financial reports, P&L, Gap analysis, etc. Monitoring current sales, expenses, store labor costs and inventory control. Evaluating and disseminating data for strategic gain, coaching Store Managers towards improving profitability.
- Weekly store visits to ensure compliance with Region, Division and Company standards regarding store conditions, store promotions, operational procedures and financial controls;
- Ensures area wide guest satisfaction and product quality while managing safety and security within the territory.
- Heavy emphasis on food service, increasing sales, monitoring food service standards and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Region Manager.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Store team members, Region Manager, VP of Retail Operations, Human Resource Business Partner and Human Resource Centers of Excellence, Facilities Maintenance, Marketing, Risk Management, Environmental, Legal departments, etc. and vendors.
Minimum Education: High School or GED Preferred
Education: College degree in business, or a closely related field. May substitute for a portion of the required experience.
Minimum Experience: 10 years retail experience or restaurant general management experience.
Preferred Experience: 1-3 years multi-unit retail experience in c store or restaurant environment
Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain ServSafe Certification. Must verify that their locations meet ServSafe Certification requirements during Quarterly Store Walk Audits and address non-compliance according to EG America Food Safety and Certification Guidelines.
- Excellent team building and leadership practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and ability to learn additional programs as needed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and constructively handle various issues that arise
- Strong analytical skills
Travel: 95% traveling from location to location
Hours & Conditions: Typically Monday – Friday for a Friday for a 40-50 hour work week (depending on the needs of the Company and travel required), occasional weekend work may be required depending on the business needs.
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip..
Other • Must have a clean driving record • Please indicate if willing to relocate. Relocation not required, however desirable.