About the Job:
Reporting to the Area Coach, the Restaurant General Manager manages a Taco Bell restaurant within the
policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization. The RGM will
perform hands-on work to train employees, respond to customer service needs, and model appropriate
behaviors in the restaurant. This role provides overall leadership through building a culture of recognition while
motivating the team with the goal of operational excellence.
Build People Capability
- Drives culture, problem solves, resolves conflicts, communicates and motivates to drive results through others
- Recruit and equip high quality operators to deliver great customer experiences
- Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Managers and Team Members
- Leads performance management process for all employees in their restaurant
- Lead by example – be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell HUNGRY principles: Hungry,
- Understanding, Never Follow, Grateful, Relentless, and Youthful
- Provides leadership and coaching, developing Manager’s and Team Members
Deliver a Consistent Customer Experience
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor and ordering food and supplies, to successfully fulfill the needs of a $500k - $2.0m restaurant with average daily transactions of 300-700
- Ensure local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards
- Tracks, analyzes and identifies root causes of customer complaints and Speed with Service and leads
- management team to implement systematic solutions, performance standards and to provide an objective basis for performance feedback
- Builds SMART action plans to resolve issues in their restaurant
Is This You? YES – WE THINK SO!!
- High School minimum, University Degree Preferred
- 1 - 4 years of operational management experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry or retail environment including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Basic business math and accounting skills to manage Profit & Loss in their restaurant and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Is a Dynamic, energetic and positive leader, a self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees
happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with Más!
- We are about more than just building restaurants—we connect with our fans through their passions including sports, gaming, and music
- We know that employees want a company they can live and grow with; they crave a unique culture that fosters creativity and encourages pursuit of passion, and they look for opportunities to take risks, develop skills and learn in ways that fit their lifestyle
- We foster a culture of authenticity and believe all people can make a difference
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant that is independently owned and
operated by a franchisee. This means your application will be reviewed by the
franchisee who will make any hiring decisions. If hired, the franchisee will be your
employer and is alone responsible for any employment related matters.