Between June 2021 thru December 2021, we are giving away over $50,000 to our existing employees in cash drawings to show our appreciation for their hard work.
**Must be employed 90 days and in good standing
**Minimum hours required to be eligible
Job Title: Line/Prep Cook
Department: Department of Great Taste
Reports To: Restaurant Management Team
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook’s station. Maintains product presentations, product quality, and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to the Winking Lizard Tavern recipes, plate presentations, and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Quality Control
- Accurately read all tickets and prepare menu items according to the Winking Lizard Tavern recipes, plate presentation, and specifications.
- Uses a sense of urgency when preparing menu items to ensure Winking Lizard ticket time standards.
- Ensures accurate plating of all food items by maintaining proper portions according to spec.
- Store and rotate product according to FIFO practices.
- Utilizes scales, spoodles, and other utensils to measure product.
II. Line/Prep Cook shift responsibilities
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Effectively operate and maintain all kitchen equipment including slicers and knives.
- Knowledge of station set up and break down procedures.
- Sets up station according to diagram or schematic.
- Practices and maintains sanitary and safe food handling procedures at all times.
- In addition to frequent hand washing throughout the shift, wears clean disposable gloves on both hands at all times when handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Maintains a clean, sanitized, and organized workstation and surrounding area, sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking all necessary supplies.
- Completes opening and closing checklists for every shift.
- Completes assigned daily, weekly, and monthly sidework and cleaning projects in a timely and efficient manner.Makes certain all food items for guests and employees are rung in prior to
- items leaving the kitchen
- Minimizes waste by following approved Winking Lizard cooking procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of specials, promotions, and menu changes.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during, and after scheduled shift.
- Properly uses chemicals when cleaning and complies with MSDS regulations.
III. Compliance to Winking Lizard standards, systems, procedures, and policies
- Maintains kitchen operations through zoning of product, controlling of waste, product receiving, and restaurant security policies.
- Maintains the Company expectations of performance and behavior in the restaurant as established in the Employee Handbook,
Training Manual, Policy manual, and Employee Guidelines.
- Appropriate hair restraint worn at all times.
- Does not make or prepare non-Winking Lizard food items in the restaurant.
- Uses a lid and a straw on all cups when drinking beverages in the kitchen.
- Maintains an excellent personal appearance by following Winking Lizard uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards by being in clean uniform prior to the start of each shift.
- Clocks in and out for breaks following proper break procedures. Approves break through a manager prior to leaving assigned area.
- Responsible to wear non-slip shoes for every shift.
- Eats in a designated area of the restaurant. Does not eat or drink in guests’ view.
- Keeps personal belongings (coats, purses, back packs, etc.) in a designated area approved by management.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length – Varies – 8-10 hour shifts
- Breaks – ½ hour per shift if applicable
- Flooring – Cement, tile, and hardwood floor
- Lighting – Adequate and overhead
- Miscellaneous – Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- Infrequent Occasional Frequent Continuous
- (1-2X per shift) (3-12X per hour) (13-30X per hour) (30+X per hour)
- Floor to waist Up to 120 lbs Up to 50 lbs
- Waist to shoulder Up to 120 lbs Up to 20 lbs Up to 15 lbs
- Shoulder to overhead Up to 20 lbs Up to 20 lbs Up to 5 lbs Up to 10 lbs
- Carry Up to 25 lbs Up to 30 lbs
- Push/pull Up to 120 lbs Up to 60 lbs
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Squatting/kneeling X
- Fine manipulation X
- Medium to heavy strength range
- Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills required
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent danger to self and others
- Responsible, dependable, and flexible in scheduling
- Work in harmony with staff
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We are committed to keeping our employees and guests safe and follow all state and local guidelines.
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
The Winking Lizard Tavern is a non-smoking establishment and abides by the Ohio Smoke-free Workplace Act for both guests and employees. Employees are not permitted to smoke in or around the building, while on the clock or on break.