This is the job description for ASST. EXEC HSKPR. (Hourly)
Job Title: Assistant Housekeeper (Hourly)
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Supervises: Housekeeping Utility, Laundry Attendant, Seamstress, Room Attendants
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To supervise work activities of cleaning personnel ensuring clean, orderly attractive rooms in hotel.
1. Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments. Advises manager, desk clerk, & admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
2. Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
3. Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies. Issues supplies & equipment to workers.
4. Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
5. Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management. Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
6. Screens job applicants, hires new employees, and recommends promotions, transfers, or dismissals. Conducts orientation training of new employees and in-service training of other employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
7. Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
8. Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses.
9. Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
10. Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
2. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
3. Determine time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on. Determine or interpret work procedures for workers, assigning specific duties, maintaining harmonious relations and promoting efficiency.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2 years housekeeping experience in a commercial environment in a supervisory capacity, 2 years line level experience in all aspects of the Housekeeping Department; OR, equivalent level of education and experience.
Posting ID: 65179348Posted: 2020-02-19