Job Title: Dish Machine Operator (DMO)
Department: Department of Safety and Sanitation
Reports To: Restaurant Management Team
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Non-Tipped
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Responsible for operating the dish machine, maintaining the dish area, and putting all supplies in their designated areas. Assists in maintaining the dining room area by bussing and setting tables, emptying trash cans, and returning dishes, glasses, and silverware to the dish area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Bus Department shift responsibilities
- Smiles and displays a positive attitude while promoting a positive image of the Company.
- Maintains great “curb appeal” for restaurant by keeping parking lot, walkways, and grounds free of litter and debris.
- Clears walkways of snow and ice and applies snowmelt to heavy traffic areas to prevent unnecessary slips and falls.
- Maintains a clean and organized dish room and surrounding area, sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking all necessary materials.
- Keeps restrooms clean and neat by checking restrooms every 30 minutes and restocking supplies as needed.
- Empties trash cans when ¾ full.
- Ensures ice bins are full prior to and throughout the shift.
- Properly uses chemicals when cleaning and complies with MSDS regulations.
- Changes sanitizer (green bucket) and silverware soak (blue bucket) throughout the shift. Stores towels in sanitizing solution throughout the shift.
- Completes opening and closing checklists for every shift.
- Completes daily side work, cleaning projects, and monthly maintenance list.
- Assists team members by pre-bussing as needed.
- Assists hosts by rearranging tables to accommodate large parties without disrupting the guest experience for neighboring tables as needed.
- Is knowledgeable of table numbers throughout the dining room.
- Cleans and maintains floors in the front and back of house.
- Helps reduce the opportunity for cross contamination by washing hands throughout each shift.
- Monitors silverware supply and washes silverware consistently throughout the shift to ensure proper par levels are maintained.
- Washes and stocks plateware and glassware throughout each shift to maintain appropriate par levels.
- Helps maintain “great atmosphere” by immediately informing a manager when a TV has a black screen or when a game ends.
- Maintains bus stands/server stations by emptying full bus bins throughout the shift.
II. Compliance to Winking Lizard standards, systems, procedures, and policies
- Maintains the Company expectations of performance and behavior in the restaurant, not listed as established in the Employee Handbook, Training Manual, Policy Manual, and Employee Guidelines.
- Maintains an excellent personal appearance by following Winking Lizard uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards by being in clean uniform prior to the start of each shift.
- Clocks in and out for breaks following proper break procedures. Approves break through a manager prior to leaving the dish area.
- Responsible to wear non-slip shoes for every shift.
- Eats in a designated area of the restaurant. Does not eat or drink in guests’ view.
- Keeps personal belongings (coats, purses, back packs, etc.) in a designated area approved by management.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length – Varies – 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Breaks – ½ hour per shift if applicable
- Flooring – Cement, tile, and hardwood floor
- Lighting – Adequate and overhead
- Miscellaneous – Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- Infrequent Occasional Frequent Continuous
- (1-2X per shift) (3-12X per hour) (13-30X per hour) (30+X per hour)
- Floor to waist Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40 lbs
- Waist to shoulder Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40 lbs
- Shoulder to overhead Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40 lbs
- Carry Up to 60 lbs Up to 20 lbs
- Push/pull Up to 20 lbs
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Squatting/kneeling X
- Medium to heavy strength range
- Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond in emergencies to avoid imminent danger to self and othersResponsible, dependable, and flexible in scheduling
- Work in harmony with staff
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We are committed to keeping our employees and guests safe and follow all state and local guidelines.
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
The Winking Lizard Tavern is a non-smoking establishment and abides by the Ohio Smoke-free Workplace Act for both guests and employees. Employees are not permitted to smoke in or around the building, while on the clock or on break.