Taco John's - Shift Manager - Hiring Immediately
3706 Sw Burlingame Rd
Topeka, KS 66609
Quick Service Restaurant Shift Leaders play a key role in supporting the Restaurant General Manager in the day to day operation of the restaurant. The Shift Leader acts as the shift lead in the absence of the Restaurant General Manager or Assistant Manager, training, coaching and driving team member performance. If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to work as part of a team, this job is for you! Responsibilities involve providing friendly and professional service to our guests, preparing our products and assisting to keep the restaurant tidy and well presented. Supports the Restaurant General Manager in developing an exceptional guest experience and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
- Greet all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Effectively operate the register, processing transactions in an efficient and friendly manner to minimize guest wait time.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the location (inside and out) ensuring that stock levels are appropriate, that the product is fresh and the food service area is spotless.
- Assist with food service operations including food preparation and food safety, executing Company processes and programs to provide a consistent guest experience.
- In Store Manager’s absence, complete Manager’s reports, product ordering and banking as needed.
- Lead by example in execution of Company values, programs, processes and policies.
- Coach team to achieve desired service time, quality and accuracy standards, supervising and coordinating work of co-workers in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provide training, feedback, coaching and direction to fellow team members, assuming role of Shift lead in Restaurant General Manager or Assistant Manager’s absence.
- Make safety a priority within the store for guests and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Restaurant General Manager.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Restaurant Clerks, Team Members, Shift Leaders, Assistant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, District Manager, Brand Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: N/A
Preferred Education: High School or GED
Minimum Experience: N/A
Preferred Experience: 1 year restaurant experience
Preferred Licenses/Certifications and Skills: ServSafe /Food Safety certification a plus but not mandatory, Valid Driver’s license – subject to certain municipal jurisdictions that require a Food Handlers Certification for all employees who work in food service.
- Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
- Computer skills are helpful
Scheduling: This position is a part time and full-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as EG America locations can be open 24 hours depending on the location. Weekend & Holiday hours are required.
Hours & Conditions: Part-time (up to 29 hours), Full-time (30-40 hours)
Travel: 5% - will be required to deliver deposits to the bank.
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required in food establishments. Slip resistant footwear is required, as well as attire specifically required by brand standards and franchise agreements.