|Location|| 8901 Irvington Rd |
About this job
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
The Parts Handler is responsible for performing day-to-day activities of the Production Yard or Warehouse in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing this facility, and as may be directed by the Production/yard Leader to assure that the parts are handled in a safe, efficient, and proper manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Safely maneuvering around the yard or warehouse.
- Finding/Retrieving parts.
- Packaging parts for delivery / or prepping
- Any paperwork involved with the parts.
- Pull work orders.
- Operate a Tow motor or Order Picker
- Pull and prep all sheet metal and other orders.
- Tag all parts properly for the destination.
- Communicate with Sales and Dispatch.
- Must display a positive and friendly attitude as well as appropriate behavior during work hours
- Cleanliness must be maintained in the work area.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Working knowledge of automotive parts is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess the ability to follow instructions and to accept constructive feedback. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, co-workers, and the general public. Must be a self-motivated, hardworking, and dependable person. Must be safety conscious. Must possess the ability to be adaptable and willing to perform duties beyond normal duties.
Machines, Equipment, and Software: Tow Motor, Forklift, Sawzall operation, vehicle, loader, Order Picker
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Subject to frequent interruptions, repetitive lifting. Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs. The average 40-hour workweek, however, some overtime may be required.
Position Type: Full-time
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 16 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher