EG Food Service Associate
| Verified Pay
|$12 - $14 per hour
| 3566 Washington St
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
If you are a high energy, outgoing leader who loves to help others, work as part of a team, and enjoys working in a food operations, this job is for you! Responsibilities involve preparing high quality food quickly and efficiently following food safety measures and presentation. This person will work to ensure that our guests receive the highest quality food items in a timely, easy and pleasant manner. This role supports the Retail Store Manager in delivering exceptional food for our guests and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
- Greet all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
- When assigned to the food service area, ensuring that the recipes and food prep procedures are followed correctly. That food is wrapped and labeled correctly.
- Ensure that food presentation and work areas are kept sparkling clean, maintain company standards, adhering to standard food safety preparation and sanitization protocols, and maintenance of equipment.
- Effectively operate the register, processing sales transactions in an efficient and friendly manner to minimize guest wait time (where applicable).
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness the food service area.
- Monitor product levels on the sales floor, including coolers and hot food cases, rotating stock and keeping product levels full so that we have what our guests’ desire and achieve the Company goal of 100% in-stock at all times.
- Lead by example in execution of Company values, programs, processes and policies.
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store Manager or person in charge in SM’s absence.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Store team members, Store Manager, District Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: N/A
Preferred Education: High School or GED
Minimum Experience: N/A
Preferred Experience: 3-6 months retail or guest service restaurant
Preferred Licenses/Certifications and Skills: ServSafe /Food Safety certification a plus but not mandatory
- Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
- Computer skills are helpful
Scheduling: This position is a part time and full-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as EG America locations can be open 24 hours depending on the store. Weekend & Holiday hours are required.
Hours & Conditions: Part-time (up to 29 hours), Full-time (30-40 hours)
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required in food establishments