District Manager in Training - Now Hiring
1020 Penn St
Reading, PA 19602
The District Manager In Training (DMIT) position is geared towards providing eligible candidates the training to be successful in the role of District Manager. As a District Manager you will be entrusted to guide a team of Store Managers in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience, operational excellence, and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values, making EG America the clear choice for our guest’s every day needs. In the District Manager role you will direct and oversee all area store personnel to achieve Region, Division and Company net profit performance objectives.
Phase I of training requires that the DMIT spend time completing foundational training required of every EG America team member: New Hire And Orientation Training. The DMIT will then be required to successfully complete the MIT Training program, gaining insight into the role of Store Manager or Restaurant Manager– the team they will be managing. The last stage of Phase I of the DMIT training program is to spend 2-3 months assigned to one location, managing the team and day to day store/restaurant operation. (Internal Promotions from SM/RGM level are not required to complete Phase I).
Phase II of training requires that the DMIT spend 6-8 weeks riding with the Designated DM Trainer, observing their job and working alongside them in the completion of their day to day duties, learning and practicing the duties and responsibilities of the District Manager. DMITs who have completed all training will become District Managers In Waiting and be assigned back in their home store in the capacity of leader of the unit until an area opens for them to be assigned to.
- Responsible for building a strategic plan for area to include appropriate staffing levels, development and performance management of all team personnel.
- Oversee team engagement and productivity over wide network of locations, fostering a working environment that supports team member retention and growth.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes to include: building and maintaining trust with the store teams by setting clear and measurable goals, holding self and others accountable, and communicating frequently and effectively.
- Build and develop a strong leadership team by: hiring or promoting store management candidates to prepare for future staffing needs, and ensuring that your current teams are receiving appropriate training, coaching, and feedback, leading by example.
- Analysis of financial reports, P&L, Gap analysis, etc. Monitoring current sales, expenses, store labor costs and inventory control. Evaluating and disseminating data for strategic gain, coaching Store Managers towards improving profitability.
- Weekly store visits to ensure compliance with Region, Division and Company standards regarding store conditions, store promotions, operational procedures and financial controls;
- Ensures area wide guest satisfaction and product quality while managing safety and security within the territory.
- Heavy emphasis on food service, increasing sales, monitoring food service standards and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Region Manager.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Store team members, Region Manager, VP of Retail Operations, Human Resource Business Partner and Human Resource Centers of Excellence, Facilities Maintenance, Marketing, Risk Management, Environmental, Legal departments, etc. and vendors.
Minimum Education: High School or GED
Preferred Education: College degree in business, or a closely related field. May substitute for a portion of the required experience.
Minimum Experience: 10 years retail experience restaurant general management experience. Successful completion of the DMIT Program
Preferred Experience: 1-3 years multi-unit experience in c-store or restaurant environment
- Excellent team building and leadership practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and ability to learn additional programs as needed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and constructively handle various issues that arise
- Strong analytical skills
Travel: 95% traveling from location to location
Hours & Conditions:
Typically Monday – Friday for a 48 hour work week (mirroring SM work week), however occasional weekend work may be required depending on the business needs.
Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip..
- Must have a clean driving record
- Please indicate if willing to relocate
Est. $10.99 - $16.01 Part-time Reading, PA 19602 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.04 - $17.59 Part-time Reading, PA 19602 Urgently Hiring Est. $19.41 - $30.50 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19607 Est. $13.04 - $17.59 Part-time Reading, PA 19601 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.99 - $16.01 Part-time Reading, PA 19601 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.99 - $16.01 Part-time Reading, PA 19602 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.48 - $19.50 Part-time Reading, PA 19601 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.99 - $16.01 Part-time Reading, PA 19601 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.48 - $19.50 Part-time Reading, PA 19602 Urgently Hiring Est. $19.92 - $34.93 Full-time, Part-time Wilmington, DE 19802 Urgently Hiring Est. $19.92 - $34.93 Full-time, Part-time Wyncote, PA 19095 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Middletown, PA 17057 Urgently Hiring Est. $9.12 - $22.88 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19606 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19605 Est. $19.41 - $30.50 Full-time Wyomissing, PA 19610 Full-time, Part-time Coatesville, PA 19320 Est. $18.27 - $30.47 Full-time, Part-time Orwigsburg, PA 17961 Full-time, Part-time Orwigsburg, PA 17961