Cyber Systems Engineer - Now Hiring
Chantilly, VA 20151
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $34.78 - $55.62 Full-time, Part-time Reston, VA 20196 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Grow your career internally at Aerospace. Our best talent comes from within!
Aerospace's Cyber Security and Advanced Platforms Subdivision, Cyber Assessments and Research Department is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to help design, implement, assess and deploy cyber solutions that defend our nation's most valuable assets in space. We are seeking a highly motivated cyber systems engineer with experience supporting customers in crypto security, full spectrum cyber security, planning for COMSEC, and network security engineering and architecture knowledge.
This position is a hybrid work model, and can sit partially remotely, with some onsite work required in Chantilly, VA.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform research in the areas of cyber and network security
- Advise DoD and IC space system customers on secure design and implementation of systems
- Review network architecture designs identify security, dataflow, performance deficiencies
- Identify security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW platforms and be able to make recommended mitigations
- Lead or participate in projects involving one or more of the following areas: Cyber Resilience, COMSEC, Cryptographic equipment, Program Protection Planning (PPP), cyber system trade-off studies for various system designs or protocols, validation of network system requirements.
- Provide recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance evaluations
- Contribute to the development of security prototypes
This position can be filled as a Jr. Cyber Systems Engineer or Cyber Systems Engineer.
What You Need to be Successful
Minimum Requirements for Jr. Cyber Systems Engineer:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Proficient in Linux and Unix based operating systems
- Full spectrum cyber security knowledge and/or experience
- Network engineering and architecture knowledge (TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, routing protocols)
- Willing to travel approximately 10% of the time
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Minimum Requirements for Cyber Systems Engineer:
- All of the above requirements for Jr. Cyber Systems Engineer
- 2 or more years of professional experience in cyber security
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced technical degree
- Experience with space systems, including familiarity with space, ground and user segments, as well as legacy software
- Experience with configuring routers, switches and/or firewalls
- Experience with AWS environments and AWS security services
- Familiarity with orchestration and containerization technologies and related security considerations
- Experience with Agile methodology and team collaboration tools
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Full-time Washington, DC 20402 Urgently Hiring $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 hourly Full-time Washington, DC 20544 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Purcellville, VA 20132 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231