Retail Team Member II
| Verified Pay ||$11.00 to $12.00 per hour|
|Location|| 4 Godfrey Pl. |
Bluffton, South Carolina
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Impact Your Future, while impacting your community! Together we change lives by giving everyone the opportunity to thrive, through training, education, and employment! Align your passion and purpose at Palmetto Goodwill.
Applicants must apply at palmettogoodwill.org/jobs
As the face of Palmetto Goodwill’s retail locations, team members in the Retail Team Member II position provide Amazing Customer Experiences while receiving donations, processing donations, or maintaining efficient merchandising and sale of donations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers ACE (Amazing Customer Experience) to all internal and external customers.
- Acts as an ambassador of Palmetto Goodwill and our I-CARE (Integrity, Collaboration, Attitude, Respect, Excellence) values.
- Embraces an expectation of learning and growth. Enthusiastically participates in training and development.
- Celebrates and supports a culture of diversity, inclusivity, and belonging at Palmetto Goodwill. Ensures team members feel respected, accepted, and included.
- Enthusiastically receives donations from donor utilizing GRATIS (Greet, Receipt, Assist, Thank, Invite back, Sort)
- Sorts, prices, and stocks hardline donations for sale according to established expectations.
- Sorts, tags, and stocks softline donations for sale according to established expectations.
- Accurately utilizes point-of-sale system to complete sale of merchandise. Requests customers to round-up change for maximum mission impact.
- Accurately records donations, production of merchandise and specified tasks.
- Meets established production goals corresponding to role in retail location.
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency of cashier, softline production, or donor services / hardline production roles through evaluation.
- Reports known or suspected security and/or theft problems to a member of store management, appropriate District Manager, and/or Asset Protection department.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and safety standards throughout all work areas; maintains same to meet CARF, Department of Labor, and other regulatory standards.
- Maintains safety standards in the store and reports any exceptions to store management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by a member of store management.
Must be able to:
- Understand English; comprehend instructions provided in verbal and written form.
- Read and comprehend Retail Production and Training manuals; follow process instructions effectively and efficiently.
- Multi-task effectively; be able to adjust to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events; be flexible and/or adaptable as work requirements change.
- Be a self-starter; work efficiently with minimal supervision after work instructions are provided.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Work effectively in a team-based environment; Interact professionally with customers and a highly diverse employee base on a regular and routine basis.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, and have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Basic computer skills including use of various retail related systems, understanding of basic programs (Microsoft Word), etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity: the ability to demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness of diversities in people and cultures.
Education and Experience
Completion of any level of primary or secondary education, regardless of diploma/degree. Previous experience working in a retail environment preferred.
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to: stand; walk; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk and/or hear; use close, distance and peripheral vision; use depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over50 pounds.
- Rarely required to sit.
Work is usually performed in a retail indoor setting. The employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions (extreme cold or heat). The employee may frequently be exposed to dust and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 16 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States