Dog Daycare Attendant
| Verified Pay
|$12.50 to $14.00 per hour
| 4140 S Four Mile Run
About this job
Do you wish you could hang out with dogs all day? Are you interested in learning more about how dogs communicate?
Fur-Get Me Not is looking for responsible, enthusiastic dog lovers to join our Daycare team!
Daycare team members spend their time supervising group activity in one of our five playgroups. This includes engaging the dogs with toys and other creative play, keeping the play areas clean, and lots of puppy kisses! Fur-Get Me Not is a positive-reinforcement only facility with a commitment to setting each dog up to have the best day possible.
Each shift is normally between 6 and 7 hours with starting times as early as 6am and as late as 1pm. Open positions would be approximately 15-25 hours per week, with more hours available to pick up consistently depending on your preference. We give everyone a regular schedule and schedule 3 months at a time so you can plan ahead and balance all of your commitments.
Our daycare positions provide a career path for those interested in working hands on with dogs. We also provide an ongoing training program for you to continue to build your skills.
Start as a Daycare Attendants or as a more experienced Daycare Counselor with responsibilities including:
- Engaging dogs with toys and creative play
- Lead a playroom through the dog's daily schedule including playtime, toy time, and rest time
- Keep the playrooms clean
- Write report cards to report back to the dog's family on their day
If you have 3+ years of experience, our Daycare Specialists responsibilities include the above plus:
- Leading naptime, opening, and closing operations
- Administering medications
- Skilled in dog behaviors in the playroom and offer advice and direction on how the dogs should be best handled in group
- Perform enrichment activities and other add on services for the dogs
- Conduct evaluations
If you love animals and are looking to learn more about dog behavior and group play APPLY ONLINE at https://www.furgetmenot.com/scripts/New_EmpApp.asp
What We Offer:
- Paid hands-on training
- Continued/Ongoing training to better understand dogs, how they communicate, and how they learn
- Flexible schedules. We schedule 3 months at a time allowing you to balance your outside of Fur-Get Me Not commitments.
- Discounts on store merchandise
- Free attendance to dog training classes for your personal pup, provided there is room
- Free use of the daycare while onsite -- so you can bring your dog to work!
- Health Insurance (Offered at 30+ hours) split 50/50 with company
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Free use of our grooming-grade dog wash
- Discounts on Pet Sitting services
Fur-Get Me Not is a family owned and operated pet care company based in Arlington, VA. We have been caring for animals in the DC Metro area since 2000. We offer daycare, boarding, and dog training services at our main facility in Arlington. We offer in-home dog walking, pet sitting, and dog training services in most areas inside the DC beltway.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- 18 years or older
- Reliable transportation to and from work