Dog Walk & Pet Sit, Regular Supplemental Income
| Verified Pay
|$18.00 to $20.00 per hour
| 4140 S Four Mile Run
About this job
Do you love dogs? Do you like to be active and outdoors? Have a few hours in the middle of the day to share with lovable animals? Want a part time job or a way to earn some extra income that will fit with your other commitments?
If so, dog walking and pet sitting is a great way to earn some extra money while getting to be a part of the lives of many dogs and cats! We are looking for animal loving professionals in Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, and several neighborhoods in DC.
As a Dog Walker or Pet Sitter with Fur-Get Me Not you can expect flexible scheduling, paid training, and ongoing support from our local office and management team. Most dog walks are between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm, typically on a recurring schedule Monday-Friday, but not necessarily every day. If you have a consistent block of 2-3 hours on weekdays, this could be a great part time job for you! Visits range from 20 minutes to an hour long, with 30 minutes the most popular length. We compensate per visit. All of our walks are one-on-one so you can develop great relationships with the dogs on your route!
Pet sits start at 30 minutes and are typically before 9am and after 5pm and on weekends. We care for dogs, cats, birds, and others. Pet Sitting is a great way to earn some extra money around another job or commitments, especially over long holiday weekends where you receive holiday pay. We look for people who can commit to 15 visits a month. We also offer an overnight pet sitting service where you would stay at a customers' home while they are away.
If either or both roles sounds exciting to you, APPLY ONLINE at http://www.furgetmenot.com/Employment.htm
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible scheduling. Dog walking requires consistency (e.g. regular 2-3 hours block in the middle of the day). More flexibility with pet sitting. We work to fill the availability you commit to Fur-Get Me Not.
- Paid per visit. Our 30 minute visit is the most popular and starts at $9 per visit. Your visit pay will increase each year on your anniversary. We also encourage our customers to tip for great service.
- Paid Training, and continued training on complex topics such as dog behavior & learning theory.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Additional pay for Holidays
- Casual Dress Code. Be comfortable and be outside.
- Discounts on our Pet Sitting, Dog Daycare, Dog Training, and Dog Boarding services
- Discount on our retail merchandise
- Local on-call support. You are part of a team.
- Online access to view schedule, care instructions, and any important information for your role
- You are an employee, not a contractor. Meaning you are covered by Worker's Compensation Insurance, and we handle all payroll taxes so you don't have to!
- We have a local management and support team that allows you to focus on the fun part, caring for animals.
Fur-Get Me Not is a family owned and operated pet care company based in Arlington, VA. We have been caring for animals in the DC Metro area since 2000. We offer daycare, boarding, and dog training services at our main facility in Arlington. We offer in-home dog walking, pet sitting, and dog training services in most areas inside the DC beltway.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older
- Own a personal vehicle