| 7502 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, Virginia
About this job
Hey. We’re Taïm Mediterranean Kitchen. An iconic, New York-founded, fast-casual restaurant group established in the West Village in 2005. We’re famed for our delicious food, prepared fresh in-store every day. We pride ourselves on creating meals with market-fresh produce and the finest ingredients to create our unique flavors.
Our Values: Think Like An Owner. Act Like Family. Be Curious, Stay Curious. Have A Ball!
Our People: Charismatic. Curious. Confident. Considerate.
Classification: Non exempt
At Taïm, a Supervisor is a leader in the restaurant, ensuring excellent service and food for our customers. Supervisors are strong trainers and lead shifts by example. They are trusted to instruct and uphold our standards and play a vital role in assisting the General Manager.
Serve as a role model for Taïm, representing the image and leadership style that is reflective of our core values. They lead strong shifts through their hands on knowledge.
● Oversees and understands the daily operations of the restaurant; ensures food standards, customer service, ambience and team morale is being upheld by constantly coaching and having development conversations throughout the day
● Supports the General Manager, enforcing policies and ensuring an excellent work environment for all
● Enriches the Taïm experience by being a presence on the floor and effectively building relationships with our
● Shares responsibility with the management team for opening and closing checklist duties
● Shares office administration – banking, cash handling, sales summaries
● Performs all cashier and manager functions in Toast, as well as all third party platforms
● Leads conversations, manages employee performance and resolves potential conflicts in confidential manner
● Ensures safe food practices, proper handling of all products; handwashing and highest sanitations standards are expected
● Assists General Manager with daily/weekly inventory and inputting food orders; manages food prep and waste
● Responsible for ensuring great, fresh food every day; line tastings conducted and items made to our specifications
● Responsible for troubleshooting, cleaning and maintaining of equipment, FIFO, thermometers, food safety and temperature checklists
● Confidently handles customer complaints, concerns or service issues immediately, focusing on finding solutions and resolving issues
● Completes and handles accident/injury reports should they arise
● Partners with General Manager to hire and train excellent team members
● Manages labor deployment in the restaurant to ensure hourly labor is within parameters of set labor budget
● Assists in writing team member schedules
● Responsible for the execution of upcoming initiatives, promotions or events
● Maintains cleanliness and organization of all areas in the restaurant by following up with team to ensure cleaning checklists are being followed
● Has an adequate understanding of HR policies and procedures; enforces all appropriate Taïm policies, Federal and State labor laws
- Must have Food Handler's certification
- Computer skills and prior experience managing office paperwork
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings
- Displays desired qualities and has like -minded values with Taïm
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Passion for food, health and Taïm
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and can work as part of a team by helping others as needed
- Ability to be solution oriented with a passion and desire to uphold the ideal Taïm experience
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers and employees
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Ability to speak, read, and understand English
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older