Team Member. - Now Hiring
|Location|| 7502 Leesburg Pike |
Falls Church, Virginia
About this job
Hey. We’re Taïm Mediterranean Kitchen. An iconic, New York-founded, fast-casual restaurant group established in the West Village in 2005. We’re famed for our delicious food, prepared fresh in-store every day. We pride ourselves on creating meals with market-fresh produce and the finest ingredients to create our unique flavors.
Our Values: Think Like An Owner. Act Like Family. Be Curious, Stay Curious. Have A Ball!
Our People: Charismatic. Curious. Confident. Considerate.
Classification: Non exempt
At Taïm, a Team Member is the first point of contact for our customers and therefore should provide excellent service and have a high degree of knowledge about our menu. They are responsible for the setup, maintenance and cleanliness of their stations, to allow them to serve excellent food and beverages efficiently. They will ring in orders to our POS system as well as receive all online orders and then both prepare and package the food to our standards - with accuracy and speed.
Serves as a role model for Taïm, representing the image that is reflective of our core values.
• Follows recipes and understands the importance of accuracy and consistency
• Has pride in the presentation of the food and beverages they assemble and pack for customers
• Able to assemble, pack and occasionally deliver catering orders as needed
• Ensures station stock by having supplies and food ready
• Communicates with management team well on what may be needed to better serve our customers
• Maintains a clean work area, including washing dishes, mopping floors and cleaning/sanitizing equipment
• Able to adapt to changes in volume with a sense of urgency
• Reads and understands prep sheet
• Reads tickets and understands ticket times
• Able to prioritize so that our customers and delivery pick up drivers are waiting limited time
• Able to man the third party tablets, input orders into Toast and answer the phone with ability to take orders
• Follows cash handling policy and rings items up properly and in accordance with policy
• Has great hospitality and a genuine consideration for our customers and the money they are spending
• Understands allergies and importance of knowing allergens in restaurant
• Understands the meaning of gluten free, vegan, kosher
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees, customers or vendors
• Helps train new hires who have joined the team
- Food Handler's certification desired
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings
- Displays desired qualities and has like -minded values with Taïm
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all; can work as part of a team by helping others as needed
- Ability to be solution oriented with a passion and desire to uphold the ideal Taïm experience
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers and employees
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to exhibit a helpful attitude and provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Ability to speak, read, and understand English
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 16 years or older