| Estimated Pay
|$13 per hour
| 4101 West Broadway
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
A Colton’s Host/ess is the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. A friendly demeanor, exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multitask contribute to the overall success of this position.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with guests and team members.
• Strong organizational and multitasking ability to handle high-volume situations efficiently. • Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, providing excellent service even during busy times.
• Knowledge of restaurant operations.
• A positive and friendly demeanor.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as per the restaurant's schedule. • High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the restaurant with a genuine smile and positive attitude.
• Manage the flow of guests by taking names, assigning tables, and ensuring efficient seating.
• Learn how to calculate and provide accurate wait times and keep guests informed of the status of their table.
• Maintain a clean and organized front-of-house area, including the host/hostess station and waiting area.
• Communicate with servers and kitchen staff to ensure a smooth, coordinated, and fair seating process to ensure servers are not overwhelmed or under seated.
• Escort guests to their assigned tables, present menus, server name, and assist with seating arrangements. Accommodate special seating requests if possible. • Engage with guests, anticipate their needs, and respond promptly to any inquiries or concerns.
• Maintain knowledge of the menu, daily specials, and restaurant promotions to provide accurate information to guests.
• Handle guest complaints or issues professionally or bring them to the manager when necessary.
• Assist in coordinating take-out and managing the wait list.
• Collaborate with the restaurant team to ensure exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
• Monitor and manage smooth and efficient table turnover.
• Maintain a professional and polished appearance, adhering to the restaurant's grooming and dress code standards.
• Uphold high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the restaurant. • Roll silverware run food, and check bathrooms.
Neat, clean appearance, practices excellent personal hygiene, speaks in a pleasant tone of voice, and avoids slang terms.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 16 years or older