Family Medicine Clinician- NP/MD
| Estimated Pay
|$41 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
At CCI Health Services, our mission is to deliver high-quality accessible care to our community members, leading the way to a more equitable health care system for everyone. Our vision is a healthy and empowered community for generations to come.
We are an approved FQHC for the NHSC loan repayment program (with an HRSA score of 19).**NHSC Student Loan Repayment Program recognizes CCI Health Services as an approved FQHC participant. Learn more:
The Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner or MD provides direct patient care commensurate pertaining to their training and experience, and in collaboration with CCI physicians. The care provided is appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population.
As a member of the health center’s integrated care team the Nurse Practitioner will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients within the parameters of his/her licensure.
- Adhere to evidence based medical guidelines and standards approved by CCI’s Board and Performance Improvement Committee.
- Complete electronic medical record in expected time frames.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities and audits.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or committees as necessary and/or required by CCI.
- May provide consultation to other providers or employees at CCI.
- May instruct nursing students in clinical practice and procedures.
- Participates in CCI programs and partnerships as appropriate.
- Participates in additional medical projects as assigned.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer or designee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of state regulations governing advanced practice nursing.
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
- Knowledge/experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a plus.
PRIMARY CARE SPECIALTY AREAS:
Knowledge of the principles and practice of medicine (including preventive care and acute/chronic disease management) in one or more of the following areas:
- Infectious Disease
- Refugee Health Assessment (RHA)
- Women’s Health/Obstetrical Care
- Nurse Practitioner certification from an accredited program, or board certification, required.
- Active license issued by the State of Maryland Board of Nursing or Board of Physicians.
- Active Maryland CDS license. DEA licensure.
- Must have an active CPR/BLS certification
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- Flexibility to work at different CCI locations.
Why work at CCI?
- Extensive benefits plan
- Generous PTO Plan
- 403B Retirement Plan + Employer match up to 4%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing education assistance; can be used toward obtaining certifications, renewal of certifications, or possible conference attendance.
- Our providers are insured for malpractice under the Federal Tort Claims Act.