Team Member - Back of House - Full-time / Part-time
| 3468 Ross Clark Circle
About this job
Reports To: Directly reports to Manager on Duty
Direct Reports: None
The BOH Hourly Partner is responsible to ensure all NEWK’s guests are presented with superior products that are prepared according to NEWK’s high standards. This position also assists the restaurant team in achieving planned sales by performing all responsibilities and tasks of their position according to NEWK’s standards, policies and procedures for operational excellence. The BOH Hourly Partner also helps to protect the brand by maintaining a sanitary, safe, respectful, efficient and quality work environment while effectively managing operational/product costs.
Role-models behaviors that align with the NEWK’s Beliefs and Philosophy for Service:
BOH Hourly Partners treat all people with courtesy and respect. They are reliable, and empowered to make good
decisions when it comes operating their station. They are team players that enjoy the idea of service and presenting quality products to our guests while ensuring profitability and operational excellence are maintained. The BOH Hourly Partner values training and follows the procedures and guidelines as outlined in the NEWK’s training systems.
Treats Guests and Peers with Respect and Courtesy
- Treats guests and restaurant team members with respect and courtesy.
- Maintains professionalism at all times during shift; uses good communication to ensure operational excellence in their station.
Exceeds Standards, Empowered, Enthusiastic
- Maintains standards for the position at all times.
- Demonstrates an ability to make decisions that impact operational excellence of their station (product quality;keeping station well-stocked, etc.)
- Has a good memory and demonstrates ability to multi-task.
- Can remain calm during stressful, high-volume periods of business
- Maintains pride and enthusiasm at all times throughout the shift.
Works Together to Make Each Other Look Good
- Demonstrates a willingness to help others on team.
- Maintains a sense of urgency throughout the shift
- Reports to work on time – ready to work!
- Cares for and assists to maintain all restaurant equipment, tools, facilities and resources
- Refrains from listening to, or spreading gossip.
Knowledge & Training
- Adheres to the procedures and guidelines for the NEWK’s Experience and operational excellence learned during training.
- Helps others to ensure all NEWK’s standards and policies are followed.
Service, Systems & Spirit
- Adheres to the NEWK’s procedures for operating station and consistently completes all chores assigned to the station on time.
- Completes shift with a sense of purpose; maintains an awareness of operational excellence at all times.
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, smoke and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately six feet and depths of approximately three ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided for periods of up to eight hours or longer as needed.
- Effective communication with peers, managers and guess.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Receives direction from Manager(s) on duty
Knowledge & Skill Required
- Excellent communications skills
- High School diploma preferred (college a plus)
- Operating BOH P.O.S. System (Aloha Tickets).
- At least six months restaurant cooking/prep experience; or other customer service industries.