Top 10 reasons to go back to college
Have you been thinking about heading back to college? One of the most basic ways to improve one's life is to gain more knowledge. Completing your college degree is one way to achieve individual success in today's economy. Higher education has the potential to make a person more marketable and can provide more options in life.
Top 10 reasons to go back to college:
1. Higher paying salary: A college degree drastically improves your career earning prospects. Research has shown that job applicants with degrees are more likely to land higher paying jobs with better health insurance and more vacation days.
2. Increase your job options: A college degree widens your spectrum of job options. College graduates have more job prospects because they acquire more specialized skills, knowledge, and expertise than non-college graduates.
3. Personal investment: Nothing in your life is more important than you. A college education broadens your horizons. A degree is an investment that will allow you to achieve your goals, whatever they may be.
4. Networking: Social ties and your network reach are valuable assets in today's society. College is a great place to meet new people whose interests are aligned with yours. It provides you with the opportunity to build connections with people from all over the world. The people you meet in college may be tomorrow's CEOs and leaders.
5. More career flexibility: More and more employers demand workers with post-secondary degrees. A degree gives you greater access to occupations and job opportunities.
6. Competitive edge: Going back to college can provide you with the edge you need in today's rough economic times. College helps familiarize you with the latest advances within your field. It can potentially equip you with specific skills and knowledge that can give you an advantage amongst your peers.
7. Job Security: Higher education levels have been proven to lead to better job security.
8. Build your confidence: Increasing your knowledge, skill-sets, and experiences can only help to make you a well-rounded individual. Exposing yourself to new topics and experiences will simultaneously enhance your self-esteem and your appeal to employers.
9. Career change: You may have hit a dead end in your current job or you came to the realization that it's not what you desire to do with the rest of your life. A college degree can help you get hired at a higher level and more quickly rise through the ranks of your new career.
10. Health and happiness: You may find that once you have completed college you are happier, have less stress, and that both you and your children are healthier. Evidence shows that college graduates tend to be happier and healthier. They have more fun, more leisure time, and are more optimistic about their past and future progress. As a happy person you will be more motivated to pursue your goals, and you are more likely to earn more money.