Do you want to work for Chipotle? Not sure what to expect? Here are some tips on how to get a job at Chipotle:
1) Most people apply online and the process typically takes one to two weeks. Chipotle is known for doing multiple interviews so be ready to bring your A game. Usually, a candidate will have short interviews with several of the current employees as well as a longer interview with the general manager. Through these interviews, the crew is trying to determine whether you have the right personality to work there.
2) Employers are looking for "authentic, motivated and hard-working" individuals to add to their team. In order to stand out among other candidates, make an effort to prove that you have the qualities necessary to succeed at Chipotle. Specifically, they are looking for people with 13 distinctive characteristic traits: motivated, infectiously enthusiastic, respectful, curious, presentable, happy, honest, polite, smart, ambitious, high energy, hospitable and conscientious.
3) Because providing an exceptional customer service experience is one of the company's core values, be sure to describe situations in other work environments where you went above and beyond to meet guests' expectations. Also, Chipolte strives to not only serve their customers but also the rest of the world through the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which funds initiatives supporting local economies, sustainable agriculture and food education.
4) As you work towards an interview, do your research on the company. Learn about the history of Chipotle, their mission statement and their values. For example, it would be helpful to know that Chipotle is dedicated to using quality ingredients, respecting the environment and "cultivating a better world."
5) If you get called in for an interview, prepare by running through their specific job interview questions. Some common questions include:
- Why do you want to work at Chipotle?
- If a customer asks for double meat without paying, what would you do?
- What does customer service mean to you?
- Do you like to work with a team or alone?
We hope you feel more prepared to conquer the hiring process! Best of luck and let us know below how it goes!